Archive for the ‘Construction’ Category

Storage company hires for construction jobs in Atlanta

Monday, March 26th, 2012

Storage Post said they just recruited for construction jobs in Atlanta.

The storage provider on the East Coast has hired Joseph Lyons as director of construction for the operations team. Lyons’ main responsibilities include refreshing the appearance of store locations, managing building renovations and revitalizing real estate as marketing tools.

Lyons is a construction expert with more than 30 years of experience in the retail and storage industries. He is familiar with all aspects of construction, including ground-up construction and complete renovations. Previously, Lyons worked with nationally recognized florist, 1-800-FLOWERS®, building the company 50 stores over 10 years. (more…)

How to Recruit for General Labor Jobs in Atlanta

Sunday, December 26th, 2010

One company is giving advice on how to hire respectable, licensed employees for general labor jobs in Atlanta.

Plumbing troubles are something that develops to everyone and many of the times it happens when you are not anticipating. A plumber will be specialized to fix all these plumbing related problems. Atlanta licensed plumbers may be equipped with the information, education and education to deal with the clogged toilets and sewer repair issues. They are licensed to utilize the natural gas lines such as for cooking and heating. Plumbing technicians are also licensed within their region to work in residential and commercial areas. In addition they provide services like: repair septic lines, tanks, and emptying septic tanks. (more…)

Atlanta Construction Jobs Decline by 20 Percent

Wednesday, July 29th, 2009

Atlanta construction jobs have been hard to find for some time now. So it was no surprise when the Associated General Contractors of America recently found the Metro Atlanta area lost almost 20 percent of its construction jobs from June 2008 to June of this year.

Out of the 352 metro areas looked at, Atlanta ranked 307. The city lost 25,700 jobs, a decline of 19.8 percent, from last year. During June of 2008, the area had 130,100 construction jobs, compared to only 104,400 construction jobs in June of this year.

In fact, during June, the Atlanta-Sandry Springs-Marietta area’s construction industry employed 104,400 workers during June, according to the United States Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics. This is down from 104,500 workers during May and a 19.8 percent decrease from last year.

(more…)

Atlanta Construction Jobs Created by Weatherization Projects

Wednesday, April 22nd, 2009

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act is providing stimulus money to weatherize homes, which will not only help create Atlanta construction jobs, but will help needy residents as well.

The Clarkston-based Partnership for Community Action is expecting to receive $8 million in grants during the next three years, according to an article by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The money should help the organization increase the number of homes it weatherizes in DeKalb and three other counties from 240 a year to almost 700 a year.

The stimulus legislation increased the income threshold for free weatherization services to twice the poverty level, up from 125 percent. That means a family of four must make less than $44,100 to qualify for aid up to $6,000.

(more…)

Atlanta Construction Jobs Created by Stimulus

Tuesday, March 24th, 2009

The economic stimulus plan will help create new Atlanta construction jobs.

The Recovery and Reinvestment Act recently passed by President Barack Obama could help create 10,000 construction jobs throughout Georgia. The state Department of Transportation has issued a list of 130 road projects that have been approved under federal stimulus money.

According to an article by WXIA, construction in cities and suburbs will begin within the next few months. The State of Georgia will receive 70 percent of the stimulus money, while the other 30 percent will go to local governments through 15 metropolitan planning organizations.

(more…)

Atlanta Construction Jobs Continue to Decline

Wednesday, October 22nd, 2008

A sign of the failing economy, workers are having a hard time finding Atlanta construction jobs.

During September 2008, Atlanta‘s construction industry employed 128,100 workers, down from 132,000 during August and a decrease of 8 percent from last year, according to the United States Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics. Many other industries in the city also lost jobs.

The city had a total non-farm employment of 2,433,200 during September, down from 2,450,500 in August and a decrease of 1.4 percent from last year.

(more…)